The imposing granite castle of Ikh Gazariin Chulu in Mongolia will show us the direction to reach the Gobi. Accompanied by a family of camel breeders, we will learn about their uses and customs and the breeding techniques of these impressive animals that with horses, sheep, goats and yaks constitute the five species for which the Mongols define themselves as "the people of the five animals ".
Camel breeders, after spending the long winter in search of the best pasture, will start with the fun mounts of these funny animals. Riding between the two humps of the bactrian camels, is very confortable thanks to the mongol saddle with real stirrups. The constant assistance of the staff, will therefore allow you to live in full serenity the 3 days of caravan between the wild mountains, the green valleys and the high dunes. On the western side of the Middle Gobi we will stop at Ongy: the ruins of the monasteries and Buddhist temples are impressive here. Then, heading north, we will enter the Khangai mountain region, the elective land of the Kalkh, horse breeders. Karakorum, the ancient capital of the kingdom of Genghis Khan and the monastery of Erdenii Zuu with its imposing city walls of 108 stupas, are the last stages of our circumnavigation.
- Duration: 14 days
- Minimum number of participants: 7
- 4x4 vehicles
- 3 days riding camels
- hospitality: 7 days in gers, 4 in tents and 2 in hotel
- the staff includes an Italian guide, drivers, Mongolian camel breeders and cook
- hot, dry climate
|22 July 2019||10 August 2019||€ 2.885|
|5 August 2019||17 August 2019||€ 2.885|
- International flight. Indicative price from € 1.000 to € 1.200. Reccomended dates from Europe, depending on operational flights:21/07 e 04/08 (departure) - 11/08 e 18/08 (arrival in Europe). Reccomended company: Aeroflot.
- Visa: € 100
- Single room supplement (Ulan Bator) + tent: € 130
- Paperwork administration + Medical insurance and baggage: € 80
- Optional insurance "Globy Giallo" for possible cancellation