We decided to select the southern part of Tanzania because this region is suited to a natural, slow and relaxed safari, that includes morning walks and discreet animal watching at sunset.
We leave from Dar es Salaam for the Ruaha National Park, Tanzania’s second largest park. Here we can walk safely, accompanied by experts who are at home here, following the traces of the numerous animals that live in this less touristy region.
Going further south, we will reach the Selous Game Reserve with its infinite possibilities of observing wildlife and take safaris on the Rufiji River to watch the acrobatics of the fisher eagles or silently watch the watering-places along the banks, surrounded by hippos and crocodiles. Afterwards we will return to the coast to plunge into the cultural past of Kilwa Kisiwani island, one of the most important commercial cities in the history of East Africa. Entirely built from stone and corals, and surrounded by mangroves, it was a mythical trading place for gold, iron, ivory, slaves, jewellery, porcelain, textiles and spices.
- Duration: 12 days
- Minimum number of participants: 10
- about 1,400 km circuit on tarred roads and tracks, in raised, open-topped 4x4s with very comfortable seats
- fully organised camps with tents and lodges
- boat and walking safari to discover the uncontaminated surroundings
- Spazi d’Avventura guide
|Milan||7 August 2019||18 August 2019|
The price is inclusive of airport taxes which come to € 320
- Visa: € 75
- Single room supplement: € 415
- Paperwork administration + Medical insurance and baggage: € 80
- Optional insurance "Globy Giallo" for possible cancellation