«I shall never forget my first encounter with gorillas. Sound preceded sight. Odor preceded sound in the form of an overwhelming, musky-barnyard, humanlike scent. The air was suddenly rent by a high-pitched series of screams followed by the rhythmic rondo of sharp pok-pok chestbeats from a great silverbacked male obscured behind what seemed an impenetrable wall of vegetation»
The description of the meeting with the Gorillas of the Virunga mountains that Dian Fossey told us in his best seller "Gorilla nel nebbia" gives a good idea of the emotions offered by such an unforgettable experience that takes place inside the Virunga National Park, the first national park in Africa in 1925 and Unesco World Heritage since 1979.
The other highlight of the journey is the ascent of the Nyragongo, a beautiful stratovolcano that houses the largest lava lake in the world. The summit rim of Nyiragongo is largely devoid of vegetation and is sometimes covered in snow. From the brink, visitors can scan the lava lake and see and hear the hot gases exploding through a mosaic of molten lava.
- Duration: 15 days
- Minimum of partecipants: 8
- trekking and natural parks
- nights in hotel, lodge, hut
- Spazi d'Avventura guide for all the lenght of the trek
- International flight. Indicative price € 950. Reccomended dates from Europe, depending on operational flights:14/07 (departure) - 28/07 (arrival in Europe).
- Paperwork administration + Medical insurance and baggage: € 80
- Ruanda+Congo Visas: € 150
- Optional insurance "Globy Giallo" for possible cancellation