The Zakouma National Park, is currently one of the last examples of the Sudan-Sahelian ecosystems in all of Africa. The protective measures put in place since 1989 and the good preservation of local ecosystems, have enabled a spectacular recovery of the local wildlife: elephants, buffalo, antelope and big cats are now abundant on the Zakouma plains.
What mainly distinguishes this particular park’s Sudan-Sahelian ecosystem is the alternation between the dry season and the rainy season. Observing the large concentration of elephants around the last waterholes in April, the hottest period during the dry season, and seeing the park completely flooded from June to October, during the rainy season, could lead us to think they are two totally different places. However it is this very feature, unique throughout the world, that has made the preservation and conservation of this ecosystem possible, in which Zakouma is a sanctuary without equal in all of Africa. It is a park in the strictest sense of the term; unlike watching animals in a zoo from on top of a minibus, here we'll discover, on foot and by car, nature as it should be without mankind’s intrusion.
- Duration: 9 days
- Minimum number of participants: 8
- 4x4 vehicles
- day and night safari
- 1 night in hotel, 4 in lodge, 3 in tents
- Spazi d’Avventura guide
- * High season supplement 26 December: € 250
- Visa: € 180
- Single room supplement + single tent supplement: € 85 (room) + € 20 (tent) = 105 €
- Single tent supplement: € 20
- Single lodge supplement: on availability
- Paperwork administration + Medical insurance and baggage: € 80
- Optional insurance "Globy Giallo" for possible cancellation
Other departures on request